Thursday, October 27, 2011

Catching Up

Sorry it has been so long since I've posted. I have been enjoying the birth of my niece, grading essays for my English classes and slaving over putting Halloween costumes together.  First thing's first. I saw a great little writing practice tool on Pinterest and had to make one for my nephew. The original blog can be found here. The blog suggested putting a contrasting color underneath the bag so that the writing is easier to see. I used 2 bottles of gel and discovered that there was too much. My suggestion is to just use one.

Materials you will need:
1 bottle hair gel (I got one at the dollar store)
1 gallon size ziplock bag
1-2 small package(s) glitter of your choice. I used a plain glitter and one that had little stars.
Enough food coloring to make the gel the shade you want.
Duct tape to make sure the bag stays shut.

And voila! Something for the little nippers to practice writing letters with.


Another thing I tried in the past week, was twisting my hair in order to make curls. I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of putzing with the curling iron and sleeping in is better than hot rollers. All I did was take a shower in the evening about 1/2 hour before I went to bed. 

 And next time..... my Guinevere dress that I made out of one piece of fabric AND my Spirit Week/Halloween costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!